Swimming Pool Games & Activities for Adults
Swimming pools aren’t just for kids — and neither are swimming pool games! Challenge your spouse, your siblings, or your neighbors to one of these fun pool activities for adults. Whether you’re entertaining a group, or it’s just you and your spouse, these creative games for two or more players will get you moving, burning calories, and having a wonderful day by the pool. So what are you waiting for? Slap on some sunscreen and let’s get swimming!
Swimming Pool Games for Adults
It’s been a long day at the office. Unwind and unleash your inner child with some of our favorite adult pool games. Whether you’ve got two players or 10, you’ll find a great game for groups of all sizes. Get a workout, let off some steam, and most importantly, have a blast! Here are a few ideas to help you get the ball rolling — or flying through the air!
- Beach Ball Race: This game is sure to get the heart pumping. Two or more players race each other from one end of the pool to the other, but there’s a twist: each player must hold onto a beach ball at all times. Kick those legs all the way to the finish line!
- Starlight Swimming Games: A pool is at its most magical under a starry night sky. Starlight Swimming Games are perfect for those warm summer evenings by the pool! According to the manufacturer, each kit comes with supplies for 10 glow-in-the-dark games.
DIY Pool Games for Adults
Who says you need fancy toys to have fun in the pool? Skip the expensive gadgets this summer and try out these DIY pool games instead.
- Frisbee Float: All you need for this game is a Frisbee or two, plus some small floating objects (such as ping pong balls, wiffle balls, sponge balls for pools, or coins). Float the frisbees on their backs, then try to toss the objects inside. Extra points for a bullseye!
- Greased Watermelon: This team game is as wacky as it sounds. Simple to play but hard to win, you’ll only need two items to start: a watermelon (preferably on the small side) and something slippery to coat it with. For example, you can use Crisco, canola oil, vegetable oil, or petroleum jelly. One person starts the game by tossing the greased watermelon into the center of the pool. To win, the players must pass the melon to the other team’s side of the pool, scoring points for each “goal.”
Hint: For bonus theme party fun, serve watermelon cocktails to your grown-up guests. Plain watermelon slices make a healthy and hydrating snack for your little ones. Is there anything our favorite summertime fruit can’t do?
Pool Games for Adults without Equipment
Need more ideas for adult pool games with no equipment? Here are two more activities that don’t require any special accessories:
- Cannonball Contest: Nothing brings out your inner kid like making the biggest splash possible — literally. See who really dominates the splash game by challenging each other to a cannonball contest. Mix up each round by adding other challenges, like best bellyflop, most elaborate jump, or tiniest splash. Bonus points for anyone who can land on the pool float perfectly! Just make sure you take safety precautions, like avoiding any dives into the shallow end.
- Tug-of-War: Tug-of-War on dry land? Yawn. But inside a splashy swimming pool? Sign us up! This classic test of strength can be played with two players, four players, six players, or more. All you’ll need is a rope, a towel, a bed sheet, or a pool noodle. Winner gets bragging rights for life — until the rematch, that is!
Whether you have the family over or invite the neighbors for a backyard barbecue, these games are sure to make a splash! These pool games for adults let you have fun, while letting out your competitive side. When the weather gets warmer, it’s time to enjoy your family, your friends, and your pool. Just remember to practice proper pool safety!
Join the discussion