The New Year is underway and people everywhere are trying to stick to their resolutions about everything from fitness to finances. If you want to make a resolution that will pay off this summer and for years to come, you should consider committing to enhancing your swimming pool and increasing your family’s enjoyment of it!
Resolving to Have More Fun
Summer is here!…Okay, not yet, but in just a few months the kids will be out of school and we will all be planning backyard barbeques with friends and family. But first, we need to make sure our pools and backyards are ready. Here are some planning tips to help this summer be the best one yet. Don’t have a pool? Well, it’s not too late to jump in on the fun.
- Give your vinyl liner a spring makeover. While vinyl liners are strong and durable, they do eventually have to be replaced. The good news is that with new colors and patterns being launched all the time, and with advancements like our Ultra-Seam technology, you’ll feel like a kid in a candy store as you make your selection.
- Get a safety cover. Did you know the best time to get a quote on next year’s cover is in the spring? That’s right – if you need a new cover or you’ve decided to do away with that dirty tarp you were using, just ask your local builder and get on the list for appointment scheduling in the fall. Nothing feels better than knowing you have a solid or mesh safety cover in place when you aren’t using your pool in the off months. Resolving to have more peace of mind in 2018 is a great idea.
If you are building a new pool or renovating an existing pool, here are some things to consider:
- Add a tanning ledge. That shallow area at the edge of the pool is the perfect place to set a lawn chair on a hot day or watch your young kids splash and play.
- Make it rain. Water features like fountains, jets, and waterfalls can give your pool a tropical resort feel and create the ideal staycation atmosphere.
- Add or update an automatic safety cover. Is this the year you commit to the confidence and convenience of an automatic safety cover or to replacing your existing safety cover? If it is, you are definitely doing your family a favor!
- Light it up. Adding lighting in and around your pool can take the nighttime fun to a new level.
- And finally… get in it! Of course, the best pool-related resolution you can make is to use your pool or spa more often. Host swim parties for the kids. Plan dinner parties with your gorgeous pool as the backdrop. Take your laptop outside on work-from-home days and enjoy a little extra poolside or, combine your fitness resolution with your pool resolution and make lap swimming part of your workout routine.
See how all these pieces fit together in your dream pool with our Pool Cost Estimator.
Resolving to Get the Most From Your Swimming Pool Investment
Ultimately all the suggestions above have one thing in common: helping you get more return on your initial pool investment. From more fun to enhanced safety, you can’t go wrong with any of these New Year’s resolutions. Contact the independent Latham Independent Builder near you to talk about your goals for the year ahead.