The holidays are here! Are you working on your gift wish list? If so, have you added a beautiful backyard swimming pool to it? There are many reasons why it should not only be on your list, but right at the top.
Why You Should Ask for A Swimming Pool this Holiday Season
Yes, tech gadgets, clothes, and jewelry are excellent gifts, but really none of them compare to the fun of a swimming pool and the excitement of looking forward to having one installed when the temperatures warm up. Here’s why we think a pool should be your #1 request:
- The perfect post-hibernation workout. If you’re like most people, you’re less active over the winter. When spring arrives, there’s no better way to get back in shape than swimming laps in a pool. Even just enjoying some time splashing and playing with the kids is an excellent way to burn calories and increase your fitness.
- A gift that’s also a smart investment. Not only is a pool a great source of fun, it can also, in some cases, increase the value of your home. How’s that for a bonus?!
- An ideal spot for entertaining. Daytime pool parties are a fantastic way to spend summer days. And as the sun sets, your pool area can be the perfect setting for dinner with friends or a full-blown cocktail party.
- Your own “swim school.” Swimming is an important skill for any child, and the best place to learn it is in the comfort and convenience of your backyard pool.
- Beat the summer heat. Cooling off whenever the urge strikes you is so much better than having to retreat to your air-conditioned home all summer!
- Family fun and bonding. The hours you spend hanging out in and around your pool with family are some of the most enjoyable of the summer.
- Staycation anyone? Many families today are finding that a cost-effective alternative to expensive out-of-town vacations is a “staycation.” With a little bit of effort and planning, your backyard oasis can be an excellent place to create some memories.
Already Have A Pool?
If you already have a swimming pool, it is still a great source of gift ideas. How about adding some cool features like a waterfall, jets, or lighting? Or maybe you’ve always wanted to be able to spend some restful, rejuvenating time in your own spa. What about some poolside additions like seating, a cabana, or a new grill? And don’t forget pool games! New ones come out every year.
The Perfect Family Gift: an Inground Pool
The holiday season is the ideal time to spend time with family and friends, however, an inground pool is another perfect way to make those moments year-round. If you want your holiday gift giving to have a swimming pool theme, we can help. Start planning the perfect pool — a gift the whole family will enjoy.
Editor’s note: Originally published 12/2017. Updated for relevance and clarity.