With the unseasonably warm temperatures that much of the country is experiencing, we can’t blame you if you find yourself daydreaming about that gorgeous swimming pool you want to install in your backyard. Maybe you’re picturing the clean, classic lines of a rectangular pool. Or perhaps you’re after the organic feel of a rounded or free-form design. Water features? An adjoining spa? Custom tile work? Let your imagination run wild!
And since frigid temperatures aren’t keeping you trapped inside your house, now is a great time to head out into the yard and start thinking seriously about the pool you want. There are, of course, many options, from fiberglass to steel and polymer-walled vinyl liner pools. Each has its advantages, so it’s important to research them all.
Polymer Pools: A Favorite with Owners
After doing their “due diligence,” many new pool owners decide to go with a polymer pool. For strength, and durability — not to mention ease of installation — they are truly hard to beat. Polymer pools are especially popular in Canada, where their hardy construction stands up well to the notoriously harsh winters.
Polymer pools have a loyal following in general due to their many positive attributes, including:
- Totally non-corrosive material – The Latham polymer wall system is made from completely non-corrosive materials. That means the surfaces that come into contact with the liner are perfectly smooth and stay that way. The lack of abrasion leads to longer liner life which lowers the total lifetime ownership cost of a polymer pool. Polymer walls also work well with the salt systems that are growing in popularity.
- Incredible strength – Polymer walls are exceptionally strong, due to the inherent properties of the material and the precision engineering with which they are constructed. And even with that strength, polymer panels are lightweight and easy to handle during the installation process.
- Ultra-rigidity – Latham’s unique polymer panels are very rigid, which reduces the potential for warping and bowing that can be caused by thermal expansion of traditional polymer panels.
- Creative freedom – Polymer pools can be built in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, so customers can get really creative about crafting the backyard oasis they’ve always dreamed of. When their customized pool is installed, they take great pride in having had a hand in making it unique.
- Quality and value – Despite their many industry-leading features, Latham polymer panels won’t break the bank. They provide premium performance without the premium price.
- Lifetime warranty – Do we believe our panels and braces are the best in the business? Absolutely. That’s why we stand behind them with a lifetime, non-prorated, transferable warranty.
Get a Headstart on Your Pool Project
When you’re ready to start turning your dream pool into a backyard reality, we’re here to help. Contact us with questions or to start making plans.