There was a time when electronic items needed to be kept far from your swimming pool—preferably inside the house. Manufacturing improvements have made many of these items water-resistant or even waterproof. Now you can enjoy them outside and not worry about them getting damaged by a random splash or a puddle on the table.
Amp Up the Fun
Creative companies come up with new outdoor electronics every day. Here are just a few examples to consider for adding a little extra fun and enjoyment to your backyard oasis:
- TVs. Hate to choose between catching up on your favorite show and getting a little pool time? Now you can do both simultaneously. Many companies today are making outdoor TVs that are perfect for the pool area. They are weather-resistant, bright enough to be viewed in sunlight, have powerful speakers or the ability to connect to add-on speakers, and are Wi-Fi compatible in many cases, allowing you to connect seamlessly (and wirelessly!) to your favorite streaming service.
- Solar-powered offset patio umbrellas. These are the type of umbrella where the weighted base sits behind your lounge chair, for example, with an arm that extends the umbrella over you. Now there are solar-powered versions that are motorized and have remote controls, so as the sun moves, you can keep the umbrella moving with it. Some even have built-in lighting for after sunset!
- Outdoor stereo speakers. No more positioning a delicate speaker in the shade and hoping it can play your tunes loud enough so they can be heard around the pool deck. Today’s outdoor speakers are water- and weather-resistant, Bluetooth-enabled, and produce plenty of volume to keep your party rocking! Speaking of rocks, you can even find speakers that are designed to look like them so they blend in with your landscaping.
- Solar-powered portable showers. Looking for a nice warm rinse after you get out of the pool but don’t want to take on a plumbing project to install a shower? A solar-powered portable shower is just the ticket. These freestanding devices fill with water from a garden hose and heat the water with solar energy.
- Waterproof camera and music player combo. If you want to leave your phone in the house and away from the action, there are now devices that offer the two functions you need most from your phone: taking pics and playing tunes. Wi-Fi-enabled, these devices make it easy to get your music and retrieve the pictures you take of your outdoor adventures.
Here’s to Energizing Your Summer!
With so many options for cranking up the fun around your pool, you can make this summer the best ever! If you’ve got questions about getting your pool ready for swim season, adding options like a tanning ledge, or having a pool installed, the local independent Latham Independent Builder in your area is happy to answer them.