Your Builder is the Key to Making Your Backyard Dreams Come True
Looking to add an inground pool to your backyard? Below are some questions to help guide your thinking before you contact a builder closest to you!
The first question you should ask is whether or not the builder is an independent Latham pool dealer. Latham is the largest designer, manufacturer and marketer of inground residential swimming pools in North America, Australia and New Zealand. When it comes to quality, selection, simplicity and support—Latham is The Pool Company.
Some helpful questions to ask a pool dealer:
- How many pools have you built?
- Do you have references that I can contact?
- What are the advantages of a vinyl liner pool?
- What are the advantages of a fiberglass pool?
- What type of design ideas do you have for my pool, such as water features or lighting?
- What options do I have to add on a spa or tanning ledge?
- How long will my pool construction take, from start to finish?
- What should I do to prepare my yard?
- What are popular pool accessories that can make my pool experience more enjoyable?
- What safety cover options do you recommend?
- What kind of warranty do you offer?
- How much will this cost?
- What payment or financing plans are available?
- What additional services do you offer, such as pool openings/closings or maintenance?
Do Your Pool Research
Most homeowners take the time to get inspired before they contact a local pool dealer. Some helpful things to consider include the size of your yard, pool material and what type of cover you want. If you’re unsure about your pool project make sure to visit our Plan Your Pool section and then contact your local dealer to put the plans into action!
Editor’s note: Updated in 2021 for relevance.